Thursday, October 6, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

This weekend Jeff is getting a special visit from his best friend Erik!
As you can probably tell, these guys are pretty good friends. The kind of friends who enjoy playing frisbee golf for days at a time. On a completely unrelated matter, Jeff and I decided that this weekend would be a perfect time for me to fly down to Arizona to visit my parents! 
I have always loved our trips to the land of eternal sunshine and constant heat. They began many years ago when Nate and Sharon lived there. Some of my fondest memories are associated with Arizona: delicious food, fresh citrus, hikes to secret mountain springs, even the heat holds a special place in my heart. Mom and dad have now lived there for a little over a year and we have been able to visit them twice. Each time is more special then the last. They always take us to their favorite places: hikes, restaurants, coffee shops. However, some of the best times we have had are when we sit down after dinner with a hot cup of tea to play our favorite game, sequence. 
Im sad to be leaving my best buddy here at home but he will be getting some much needed man time. Crazy to think that next time we snap a picture together in Arizona we will most likely have Lentil with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment