Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

It was strange being all the way across the country for Thanksgiving this year. I think it was the first time we have been away from family for the Holiday. Feeling a little sad and isolated it was hard to think of things to be thankful for at first but I realized that we have been blessed with so much this year! An awesome apartment in a great neighborhood, a job, friends, a church community, a healthy pregnancy, family visits, fun trips, and each other. Sometimes it is easy to forget that Jeff and I have our own little family now. It was nice spending the day together and preparing a special meal for Jeff, the baby, and our friend Matt.

Jeff played in the Turkey bowl with our church in the morning. I had so much fun watching him play! The moment I got near to the playing field I started hearing comments like "we just need to make a bunch of Jeff clones" and "Jeff is amazing!" He had been looking forward to the game for months and it was so nice to see him having fun.






Jeff is in white shorts to the right of the guy in red, just about to make an amazing touchdown



I ended up cooking a full on Thanksgiving dinner for just 3 (1/2) people so needless to say we had a lot of food leftover! I just couldn't bear to do anything less than everything :)

The hardest part was trying to cook everything at once in our tiny kitchen!


On the menu: Turkey, gravy, sausage and apple stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes,  cranberry sauce, green beans,  brown sugar glazed carrots, and crescent rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment