Earlier today I noticed that Lewis was staring out of the window in our living room so I went to see what he was looking at. Snow! The first snow that we have seen here this year and the first snow Lew Lew has seen since he was born! We immediately rushed outside to enjoy the soft, wet, flakes.
Here are our meals for this week. Almost all of them are new to me recipes and I'm excited to try them out. For the past couple of months we have been eating a more paleo based diet which is why you haven't been seeing many meals with grains.
- Cilantro lime chicken with acorn squash and salad
- Hungry man sweet potato casserole
- asian meatballs with cauliflower rice
- Rogan Josh (with beef because it was cheaper!) Make your own Rogan Josh seasoning!
- Chicken and marinara over spaghetti squash
We ate some really yummy food last week too. Here is a quick overview of how they turned out!
- Chili - hands down my favorite chili.Ever. I modified it a little bit, omitted the beans, added 2-15 oz cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of 1, 2lbs of ground beef instead of 1.5lbs, and upped the Chili powder to 2Tbs instead of 1. Perfection.
- Sweet potato soup with bacon - so yummy! I wasn't expecting it to be as delicious as it was. Jeff and I both loved it and added some ground turkey to it for dinner. Try it today!
- Crock pot pork and apples - meh. Not amazing, not terrible. I was expecting it to have more flavor than it did. If I were to make it again I would brown the pork before throwing it into the crock pot. Also, I used a pork roast and it cooked nicely and was perfectly tender after being on low for 6 hours
- Roasted Veggie soup - warm and satisfying, perfect for a chilly winter night. I loved that I could taste each of the root vegetables in the soup: sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, and the butternut squash. I'll definitely be making this one again!