Thursday, October 13, 2011

Brown as a Berry

Over the past few days I have been thinking about what the saying "brown as a berry" could possibly mean. I haven't ever actually seen a brown berry, in the store or in nature for that matter. The conclusion that I've come to is that whoever coined this phrase must have known my good friend Chelsea Berry. Chelsea isn't a berry in the sense that she is edible but Im pretty sure this phrase was written about her because she can tan like nobody's business. 






There are so many opportunities to be in the sun here, either at our daily visits to the pool


or during an exhilarating hike up Squaw Peak
                                                               
                                                                 (the trail is a little steep)



After being here in Arizona for almost a week I can say with confidence that I am as brown as a Berry. It will be so strange going back to the cloudy, rainy days that Washington sees so much of this time of year. Its nice to know that the sun will be here in Arizona waiting to make me brown the next time we come for a visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment