Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Foliage

Washington has the most beautiful fall foliage of anywhere I have ever seen (yes including Colorado). When I got back from Arizona I was expecting clouds and gloom but instead have been blessed with beautiful blue skies and the vibrant colors of fall.





On a more delicious note, I'm baking this week. Caramel Apple Pie Cookies adapted from Smitten Kitchen http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/10/apple-pie-cookies/#more-7892 and Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from my friend and sister, Jess. I'm excited to let you all know how they turn out! I realized after making my grocery list for the week that I'm diving head first into fall and winter cooking with soups, squash, buttermilk biscuits, and stew. 

On Sunday, Jeff and I took a walk through a nature preserve across the street from us, stopping first at a local coffee shop to pick up some fall infused drinks (I got a pumpkin chai...so delicious). There is something so rejuvenating about October walks; the crisp air, crunching leaves, and the peaceful quiet that comes with fall. 

19 week baby update coming up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment