Saturday, November 5, 2011

The smoothie of champions

This my friends is the smoothie of champions (me and Jeff)

Here is what goes into this little miracle

  • 1 frozen banana
  • frozen fruit of choice ( I like pineapple and sometimes blueberries)
  • handful of spinach
  • 4 leaves kale
  • 4 leaves swiss chard
  • 6 florets broccoli
  • 1/2 - 1 cup Almond milk (or juice)
  • 8 Ice cubes


I love this smoothie because it is so versatile. Sometimes I make it with juice if I want it a little sweeter. Sometimes I add in protein powder or almond butter or peanut butter. It tastes really good with dark chocolate almond milk too! 
Another reason I like it is for its obvious health benefits. Being pregnant I have found it hard to want to eat a ton of veggies. Thanks to all the vegetables you can pack in here there is an abundance of fiber, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and Iron in just one smoothie. Experiment to find the ratio of ingredients you like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment