Monday, December 5, 2011

Cocoa Chewies

These cookies are delicious. First known to me as cocoa chewies made at Whole Foods, I found this recipe for chocolate puddle cookies the other day and knew I had to try them. I will call them cocoa chewies because I don't think the word "puddle" does them justice.
I made one slight modification and they turned out so yummy. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Cocoa Chewies
  • 3 cups walnuts
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup semi - sweet chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 Tbs vanilla

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Toast walnuts for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and chop
  • Stir together sugar, cocoa, salt, and chocolate chips. Add the nuts. Stir in the egg whites and vanilla until thoroughly combined (the dough will be very thick).
  • Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, 2 Tbs per cookie, leaving a few inches between each. 
  • Bake for 10-13 minutes until the tops are cracked and are no longer shiny. 






No comments:

Post a Comment