I made one slight modification and they turned out so yummy. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- 3 cups walnuts
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi - sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Toast walnuts for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and chop
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, salt, and chocolate chips. Add the nuts. Stir in the egg whites and vanilla until thoroughly combined (the dough will be very thick).
- Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, 2 Tbs per cookie, leaving a few inches between each.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until the tops are cracked and are no longer shiny.