Wednesday, February 15, 2012

36 Week update

36 weeks yesterday!


The baby feels so heavy. This week he is just about 6 pounds and around 18.5 inches long. Its hard to believe all of that can fit in such a small space...
How Im feeling:
  • Tired
  • Hip and pelvic pain
  • More contractions
  • Forgetful
  • Heavy
I have been SO tired these past couple of weeks. Yesterday I made myself take a nap and felt much better afterwards. Maybe naps are something that I should take advantage of...

My midwife appointment isn't until tomorrow so I don't know for sure but I think that the baby has dropped a little bit. I have much more pain in my pelvis which is making it harder to walk/get out of bed/get dressed, etc.

I have been having contractions for quite a while now but during the past week they have become more frequent and uncomfortable. Exciting for sure!

I have been so forgetful lately its not even funny. Frustrating actually. It feels like my head is so full of...well, of something, that I just don't have the ability to think or plan anymore (hence the late posting of this weeks meals). This has made life seem a tad bit overwhelming. Small things like going grocery shopping and doing laundry seem almost impossible. 

Definitely feeling the extra poundage, especially during the climb to our 3rd floor apartment. Going down is great, its the coming back up that I don't like. I've slowed down a lot this past week with my exercise routine so going up and down the stairs a few times a day is probably a good thing. I figure that if I tire myself out with a workout every day I might not be in the best condition going into labor. 

Despite all of these things I actually am still loving pregnancy. All of these aches and pains just feel normal to me, like I've always been 8 months pregnant. It will be so strange to not feel little kicks and punches in a few weeks. 

1 day until Chelsea gets here
1 week until Im full term
2 weeks until Sharon comes
4 weeks until due date



No comments:

Post a Comment