Monday, October 15, 2012

Meals for this week + Everything but the kitchen sink soup

Meals last week were delicious! I haven't really been cooking from recipes for the past...8 months or so and I forgot how time consuming and tiring it can be. Everything I made tasted delicious which was a good reminder of why it is sometimes nice to follow a recipe instead of just winging it.

Meals for this week are simple

Stuffed acorn squash  + veggies
Spaghetti Squash with marinara + sweet potato
Lentils and ground turkey with broccoli & zucchini
Burgers
Steak & Potatoes

Last night I was trying to figure out how to use up our produce/leftovers in the fridge before going grocery shopping today. What resulted was a hearty soup. I can't say it was the most delicious soup that I have made but it was pretty tasty and filling. I would classify it as "dirty fresh"

Everything but the kitchen sink soup - mine had chicken stock, zucchini, onion, garlic, carrots, garbanzo beans, lentils, quinoa, swiss chard, red bell pepper, potato, and some leftover chicken. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, sriracha, and braggs (soy sauce). 


No comments:

Post a Comment