Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meals for this week

Jeff was gone on a business trip last week so I stuck with simple, easy to prepare meals. My favorite was definitely the spaghetti squash with veggies and marinara. Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to eating noodles. I wasn't sure I would like it but it was so delicious! I just cut the squash in half, scraped out the seeds, drizzled the inside of both halves with olive oil and salt + pepper. Bake at 375 for 30-40 min.  I sauteed some onions, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, and carrots and served those, along with the marinara sauce, on top of the cooked spaghetti squash.

Meals for this week

Split pea soup - Moosewood Cookbook
Chicken & chorizo empanadas
Spaghetti squash & marinara for me, spaghetti for Jeff
White bean, swiss chard, and turkey pot pies
Italian sausage stew

No comments:

Post a Comment