Friday, November 18, 2011

The healthy breakfast "cookie"

I made these delicious oat cookies today and I think you all should make them too. I found the recipe on Blueberry Girl's Blog and modified the recipe a little because I didn't have some of the ingredients on hand. I had one of these before working out this morning and I felt awesome! It has been especially difficult while pregnant to find food with enough substance to sustain me during my workouts in the morning. This did the trick. I've dubbed them Banana Oaties


Banana Oaties
1 1/2 Cups rolled oats
1 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup almond meal (or normal flour)
1 cup dried fruit (I used golden raisins, dried cherries, and dried unsweetened cranberries)


2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 TBS Almond butter (peanut butter would taste good too)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla ( i didn't have any vanilla on hand but I think it would definitely add a little something special)


*Heat oven to 350
*Whisk dry ingredients. Add the dried fruit 
*In another bowl mash bananas. Add oil, almond butter, and vanilla if using. Mix until well combined
*Pour wet into dry and mix well
*Drop batter in large spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and gently pat down each mound 
*Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are brown and a little crispy



  • The original recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of nuts but I did not put any in. After making them I think walnuts would taste the best but these taste great without them too




1 comment:

  1. Yum, I found something like this on pintrest I wanted to try. I'll be making these after my next grocery story run!
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete