Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Several weeks ago we went to a pumpkin patch with some friends




We didn't end up carving our pumpkin so a few nights ago Jeff cut it up for me and I  made a bunch of pumpkin puree. I love cooking with pumpkin because it adds great flavor and moisture to baked goods. These muffins are delicious with a taste similar to Zucchini nut muffins. They are good for breakfast or a snack. I modified the original recipe which I found at Elana's Pantry . The original recipe is gluten free which I am totally fine with but she mentions in her recipe that the muffins are extremely moist in the center. I wanted mine to have a fluffier quality so I substituted 1/2 cup of the almond flour for spelt flour. I also used turbinado sugar instead of agave (only because I didn't have half of a cup). Here is my attempt at artistic cell phone photography.



 Pumpkin Pie Muffins 
adapted from Elana's Pantry

1 cup almond flour (can also make your own with raw almonds and a food processor / blender)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or canola)
½ cup agave nectar or granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree



  • In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients
  • In another bowl beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin until smooth (if using pumpkin chunks puree ingredients in food processor)
  • Pour wet into dry and mix until combined
  • Pour batter into paper lined muffin tins
  • Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes
  • Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment