Wednesday, January 4, 2012

30 Week Update: Midwife appointment and Birth Center tour

Its good to be home again. It was so fun to be in Colorado with family for Christmas but traveling is definitely not as fun when you are pregnant. I didn't think I would notice the altitude and lack of moisture as much as I did. Washington is such a gentle place to live :)


30 weeks this past Tuesday and feeling pretty good. I've been staving off a cold since we got back from our travels so that hasn't been fun. The baby is 3lbs and 15.5 inches long! Its so neat being able to feel his little body moving around all day. I would say that his most active times are in the morning and afternoons. Its hard to believe that in only 10 weeks he will be at least doubling in size. Exercise still feels great. I definitely noticed a decline in my energy levels, circulation, and overall mood while we were traveling due to lack of exercise. I have been loving the stationary bike and try to do a combination of that and elliptical and or walking at least 4 times a week. Intensity has dropped off a little and I expect to be walking more in the near future.

At my midwife appointment last week she felt my stomach and said that it felt like the baby was head down which is great for obvious reasons. We went over all of the signs of early labor that I should start watching out for in the  next several weeks just in case he decides to come early.

On Monday we drove to Kirkland to tour the Puget Sound Birth Center where I will be having the baby! It was extremely surreal walking around and looking at each of the rooms. So weird knowing that any time in the next 2 1/2 months we will be there again to meet our baby boy.

3 comments:

  1. As always, love reading your blog! I can't believe how fast time has gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you have the cutest bump! I love that it is just a little basketball :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. time is just flying by!! I can't believe it either. And yes, haha, my stomach looks just like a basketball, its so strange! I keep bumping into things lately

    ReplyDelete