Friday, January 6, 2012

Spicy Chicken and Rice bake

I made this for dinner the other night and it was de-lish.
Adapted from Sugar Crafter's recipe:

Spicy Chicken and Rice bake
preheat oven to 350 degrees


  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded ( I baked mine with a little seasoning and olive oil)
  • 4 cups cooked rice (about 2 cups uncooked)
  • 2 cups black beans (about 1 can)
  • 1 can sweet corn, drained
  • 2 cans green chilies
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 small jalapeno, minced
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used a combination of goat gouda, white cheddar, and gruyere)
saute the onion and the jalapeno until soft. In a medium sized bowl mix together chicken, rice, beans, corn, yogurt, cheese, and jalapeno onion mixture until well combined. pour into a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle more cheese on top if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through. Serve with salsa, hot sauce, or siracha on top!

* When I make this again I will probably omit the corn, I just didn't prefer it
* If making for two people cut recipe in half and use a smaller dish to bake!




No comments:

Post a Comment